Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
"Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  12:18 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] I sing of a maid...

I sing of a maiden that is makeless - Henk Badings (Dutch, 1950)  For voice, oboe and organ.  Published by Donemus

from Drie Geestlijke Liederen voor alt,hobo en orgel.
1. When Christ was born of Mary
2. I Sing of a Maiden
3. Adam Lay Ybounden

Although this work states the songs are for alto, they would work for any medium or medium high voice.  Likewise, although the obbligato instrument is oboe, I've performed them at different times with soprano saxophone and with flute.  They are delightful pieces and are warmly received by audiences.

The edition comes with the full score, a separate voice part and a separate oboe part.
Cindy Donnell
emusic.com