Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  4:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Placement

In a message dated 10/22/2000 8:09:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
LesTaylor@a... writes:
LesTaylor@a... writes:

<< One of the best things a teacher can do is to help their students become
less dependent upon them. >>

Agreed. But some of them make it sooooooo hard! I have one student who
has not a clue about what's going on inside her mouth. I'll ask her over and
over again what she's done differently when a particular note works well,
trying to focus her attention on it, and she'll look at me blankly and say "I
don't know." Aaarrrgggghhhhh. If they can't think by themselves, it's hard
to lessen their dependence.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo soprano

emusic.com