Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  10:42 am
Subject:  REcording your own voice WAS: Inside--outside confusion

Mike wrote:

> i strongly urge you to get a tape recorder and tape everything you
do.
> play it back immediately so you can see what on the inside equaled what on
> the outside.

I'd like to know where the other listers record their voices. My friend has
a studio and says audio tapes are definitely not good. He says the best is a
CD-R with a good mike and recording equipment. DAT would be an option, but
too expensive and with less fidelity than CD-R.

I'd never liked my own voice recorded on a tape, but once my speech
therapist recorded it on a tape but with a different tape recorder ( I can't
remember the name ) and the quality was incredibly good. I loved my voice,
and wouldn't recognize it if I didn't know it was mine. I feared it was
improving my voice, but she said it was the sound she heard. I never saw
that same brand here in Brazil again, but I think it was a male name and had
a black leather case. do you know that?

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5857 REcording your own voice WAS: Inside--outside con Takeshi Oda   Mon  10/23/2000   2 KB

emusic.com