Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  4:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Recommendations?

salemgirl wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> My question is this.... What are some good collections for very young
> voices. I have several middle school girls and a couple of late elementary
> school girls. I would really like to find something that is challenging,
> but that they can relate to! The first book of soprano solos just isn't
> going to work! All of the girls are very musical and the two elementary
> schoolers have such beautiful, clear voices! (So many exclamation
> points.....) I would appreciate any advice you "veterans" have for a new,
> inexperienced teacher.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shana Cox
> Music Associate, Salem Baptist Church
> Knoxville, TN
> http://www.salembaptist-halls.org

For musical theatre, try The Teens Musical Theatre Collection published by Hal
Leonard. There's also a kids broadway collection but I'm not sure of the title
or the publisher. There is the great collection from the Royal Conservatory of
Music called the Songbook Series containing seven volumes of progressive
repertoire plus separate volumes of recits and vocalizes for the upper levels,
published by Frederick Harris and available from T.I.S. in the USA (the RCM
syllabus is an excellent source of mostly "classical" graded repertoire).

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com