Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 19, 2000  12:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Help! bad medications for singers?

In a message dated 10/19/2000 2:16:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rocioguitard@h... writes:
rocioguitard@h... writes:

<< The substance is an expectorant called Guaifenesin, contained for example
in Duratuss. Does it affect the vocal mechanism and if so, how? >>

I take Guaifenesin daily and have done so for probably 5 years now. The
only way it has affected my vocal mechanism has been to thin the mucus that
clogs it up, therefore allowing my voice to function more freely. I swear by
it. I've noticed a real improvement in the quality and range of my voice
since I started taking it (and also since I quit taking decongestants, which
were just drying everything out - vocal cords and all).

Lee Morgan
Mezzo soprano

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5763 Re: Help! bad medications for singers? - Great we Laura Sharp   Thu  10/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com