Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Thu Oct 19, 2000  6:12 am
Subject:  Help! bad medications for singers?

Hi everyone,

We all know about allergies and what antihistamines do to the cords, but I was asked about a specific substanc to see if it interferes with singing? I have a student recovering from nodules who on top of that has allergies to deal with. I need some helps from the docs on the list!

The substance is an expectorant called Guaifenesin, contained for example in Duratuss. Does it affect the vocal mechanism and if so, how?

Thanks a lot,
Rocio

gwyee@r...LMorgan923@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5746 Re: Help! bad medications for singers? gwyee@r...   Thu  10/19/2000   2 KB
5759 Re: Help! bad medications for singers? LMorgan923@a...   Thu  10/19/2000   2 KB
5763 Re: Help! bad medications for singers? - Great we Laura Sharp   Thu  10/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com