Vocalist.org archive

From:  RJ Boyle <bandb@n...>
RJ Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  11:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: opera and speech

At 11:38 PM 17-10-00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/17/2000 10:32:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
>RALUCOB@a... writes:
>
><< yes, i have heard of body language- it is a pile of 70's crap (right up
>there
> with disco). it doesn't communicate and is not a language. even
> washou(sp) knew that.
> >>

>I respectfully disagree with you -- please note the emphasis on respectfully
>- there is so much one says with specific body movements/gestures. Folding
>your arms, biting your lip ("I feel your pain"), pursing your lips while
>someone is criticizing your state's record on the environment, shaking your
>head while someone is criticizing your appearance at a Buddhist temple ...

I certainly agree with you Christine about the power of body language,
and if you want to see real confusion, try alternately sending messages
with opposite meanings, especially when you're aware that the recipient
regards themselves as a expert on the subject. Evil. : )

I watched the debate live from Australia but I don't suppose my opinion
counts. Reg.

emusic.com