Vocalist.org archive

From:  Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  6:39 pm
Subject:  Re: Body Language

My dear friend mike,

Body language is a powerful communication device which we all use and
interpret unless our eyes are shut, or we don't know many Italians. I've
been told to go stuff it without one word being uttered. My husband is a
master at non-verbal communication. The pout, the silence, the frown, the
pain! You could tie my hands behind my back and tape my mouth shut and I
could still communicate to you that I'm happy or sad.

The problem with most body language is that it is misinterpreted. "Why are
you so sad, dear?" when the poor child is just tired. Body language can be
misinterpreted and so can the spoken word. Language in all forms, is
fluctuating, changing, evolving all the time. Thank God, or we'd be stuck
with "groovy" and "have a nice day!".

What you're probably saying is that body language is not an exact science.
I can't imagine you saying it does not exist!

Our first argument! I love it.

Marthea

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5720 Re: Body Language RALUCOB@a...   Wed  10/18/2000   3 KB
5726 Re: Body Language John Alexander Blyth   Wed  10/18/2000   4 KB
5723 Re: Body Language DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB
5724 Re: Body Language sopran@a...   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB
5727 Re: Body Language RALUCOB@a...   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB
5728 Re: Body Language John Alexander Blyth   Wed  10/18/2000   3 KB
5729 Re: Body Language DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB
5765 Re: Body Language John Alexander Blyth   Thu  10/19/2000   3 KB
5766 Re: Body Language John Alexander Blyth   Thu  10/19/2000   3 KB

emusic.com