Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  2:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Technology (freq. graphs; long and boring)

--- Sheila Graham <sheila@s...>
wrote:
> (...) > what make and model of microphone do you use
to> record your voice?

Dear Sheila and co-vocalisters,

I use a pair of Russian microphones, called Oktava mc
012 (I even have a third one and plan to buy a
fourth), which you can buy in the US, UK and in
several (other) European countries.

Please see : http://www.sound-room.com/
and/or: http://oktava.tula.net/eng/o2_e.htm
and/or http://www.afmckay.demon.co.uk/

The funny thing is, that I got to know them via a
vocalister that sent us a mail about microphones some
time ago. She used a big condenser Oktava microphone
though, (219) which is simular to the 319 I tested as
well.

I'm using them now with the cardiod heads. If you plan
to you use only two in a 90° position, the cardiod
heads might be enough and you don't have to buy the
sets. I bought the sets though, because I wanted to be
flexible when recording concerts etc. And of course,
you can also use just one microphone, but then you're
recording mono.

Before that I used Shure m016's, which are much much
worse, like the Shure m058.

Best greetings,

Dre