Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  3:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: opera and speech

In a message dated 10/17/2000 10:32:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
RALUCOB@a... writes:
RALUCOB@a... writes:

<< yes, i have heard of body language- it is a pile of 70's crap (right up
there
with disco). it doesn't communicate and is not a language. even
washou(sp) knew that.

I respectfully disagree with you -- please note the emphasis on respectfully
- there is so much one says with specific body movements/gestures. Folding
your arms, biting your lip ("I feel your pain"), pursing your lips while
someone is criticizing your state's record on the environment, shaking your
head while someone is criticizing your appearance at a Buddhist temple ...

oops, sorry, I'm not in the AOL Live Format discussing the debate ....

But still, I disagree with your contention that body language is a myth...

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5730 Re: opera and speech RJ Boyle   Wed  10/18/2000   3 KB

emusic.com