Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  12:10 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] The Ubiquitious AH Vowel

In a message dated 10/17/00 6:36:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

<< Lisa-Marie write:
>I (a normal American [????]) pronounce "Pull" and "Dull" the same
>way - using the same vowel sound. I am from Minnesota by the way.

I find that impossible. I am completely unable to make these two
words have the same vowel sound without making each of them
unrecognizable. How do you do it? >>

That's the point of pure vowels in a sense, they're recognizable. The
modification of vowels in the lower portion of the female voice especially
makes them unrecognizable. This is not a vowel line, but a variation of the
schwa phoneme line.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5682 Re: The Ubiquitious AH Vowel Lloyd W. Hanson   Wed  10/18/2000   4 KB

emusic.com