Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
"Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Tue Oct 17, 2000  9:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] The Ubiquitious AH Vowel

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:51:53
Lloyd W. Hanson wrote:
>Dear Linda and Vocalisters:
>
>I pronounce the word "Pull" in the normal American way. Miller uses
>the work "Nook" for this same vowel which in IPA is written as [U] or
>capitol U.
>
>I believe the usual vowel pronunciation for "Dull" is the [upside
>down v] as is also found in the word "Fun".

I (a normal American [????]) pronounce "Pull" and "Dull" the same way - using
the same vowel sound. I am from Minnesota by the way.

Lisa-Marie

10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5676 Re: The Ubiquitious AH Vowel Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  10/17/2000   2 KB

emusic.com