Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Tue Oct 17, 2000  6:50 pm
Subject:  re: singing in weddings

Michael wrote:

>What I think is tacky is having untalented
>people sing some pop song so poorly it makes everyone there cringe. I
>get upset every time I go to wedding and they asked their cousin or
>sister or other reletive to sing and they are awful. It's like they
>think anybody can sing in a performance just because they can sing in
>the car.

I disagree. A wedding is not a performance; it's a ceremony whose focus is
on love and commitment. A cherished cousin who sings a meaningful song in
a heartfelt but technically imperfect way is worth ten paid professionals
who are doing it for the check at the end! I respect your point of view,
and I know you are not alone in holding it, but I wanted to express what I
believe the people you object to might be thinking when they choose to ask
their cousin to sing. Me, I'm lucky. I come from a musical family, so the
music at my wedding was fantastic!

Naomi Gurt Lind

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5690 Re: singing in weddings RALUCOB@a...   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB
5708 Re: singing in weddings Dre de Man   Wed  10/18/2000   3 KB
5715 Re: singing in weddings RALUCOB@a...   Wed  10/18/2000   2 KB

emusic.com