Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  4:29 pm
Subject:  practical technology

I don't know that my spectrographs have allowed me to be a better singer,
but it gave me the confidence to say such things as:

"Yes, countertenors can have a singers' formant"
"Heavy registration has a better showing above 2500 Hz than light"
"Steely sounds have narrower freq bands"

on our list. Stuff I'd always suspected, but didn't want to say in a
public forum unless I'd seen for myself :-)

Tako

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 RALUCOB@a... wrote:

> to those of you who have been able to make use of the technologies we've
> been discussing, have there been significant changes you've made as a direct
> result of using these technology, that you wouldn't have come across
> otherwise, or, has it, so far, merely confirmed what you had already
> suspected (please show your work)?
>
> thanks,
> mike

emusic.com