Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Sun Oct 15, 2000  12:38 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] practical technology

Mike, Craig and List:

RE: the shareware spectrogram

-----Original Message-----
From: RALUCOB@a...
"Craig,
that sure does sound like fun. now all i need is a real computer."

It IS fun! We downloaded it last night and although I couldn't get my techie
husband to stop playing with the spectrogram for an hour, eventually I got
at it and I can see lots of practical applications. Even though my teaching
style is not what most would call "technical" I'm a big fan of biofeedback
and this delivers such a beautifully clear picture of when a tone is
breathy/unsupported, when it's straight, etc. This is only at first glance
of course and I'd be interested to read the applications in Nair's book.

Best to all,

Laura Sharp
Soprano
Teacher