Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Sat Oct 14, 2000  4:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Yet more wedding song requests

Di asked:

>Also, please, give me some feedback. Is this an utterly stupid idea?
My heart isn't set on it, so if it is, I can give up and go back to
playing music for the Royal fireworks :-)

From another Di:

In my personal opinion, people who sing at their own weddings are tacky. There
are lots of occasions for you to sing. Let this one be a time when you allow
your friends to sing to you. You will be a star in a different way this day.
Furthermore, you will be in a state of high emotions, and this will work
against your singing your best. I would play the role of the bride this time
and let others do the singing.

Of course, this is just one opinion, and there are thousands who feel differ-
ently about this. I've been to a many a wedding where the bride and/or groom
sang. I still think it is in poor taste.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5542 Re: Yet more wedding song requests Vivian   Sat  10/14/2000   3 KB

emusic.com