Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  11:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 24 Italian question...

Linda:

You are very naughty and should stand in the corner for at least 30 seconds.

But I have been very corrected by Margaret and Judy that woman did,
in fact, have careers in opera during the time some these songs were
written. Still, there is something about that information that does
not seem to square with the course work I took with Donald J. Grout
in his opera lectures. When possible I will want to look into this
in more detail.

But, as regards the original question about which songs can be sung
by women, I would say any of them can be without a concern as to sex
differences.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Pedagogy