Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  11:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Please let's get the Latin and the English right!

from Sheila,
>The word 'gentle' comes to mind: originally it was a description of class,
>meaning well-born, from a good family; now it's a description of
>character, meaning mild, amiable.
>can anyone think of any other examples?

Not Latin but CNN and it's attempts to be International.

Lady speaking.
"Yes we have employed some men but we've also
employed an awful lot of women." : )

The question needs to be asked. Are the awful women intended
for the gratification of the nice men, or is the whole staff awful?
Nay, I jest.
What is it about these women that causes everyone to hold them
in awe, or are they, the women, in awe of the men?
It's just too too awful!

Then there's "augers well" which has become "all goes well."
Yet my favourite remains the lady who "opened the door in her
jeans to let her lover in." : )
Alas, I rave.
Reg.

emusic.com