Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Emily Treen" <etreen@e...>
"Emily Treen" <etreen@e...>
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  8:46 pm
Subject:  Found Rrecording!

Thanks to Mark and others:

It was indeed the "Sallie Chisum Remembers Billy the Kid"
Bonney/Previn recording that I was remembering..

I might just add that I think it's a beautiful recording - especially
of the Copland. Barbara Bonney sings it with a lovely clear tone and
doesn't go overboard trying to "dramatise" the songs, but lets them
speak for themselves - which I think the combination of Dickinson's
poems and Copland's music does admirably. The piano accompaniment is
just right and doesn't overpower the voice in the way that a
orchestral accompaniment might.

Thanks again to all who rescued my fading memory!

Emily

emusic.com