Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 12, 2000  1:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Volume (Perception of?)

i have had luck with getting my students to think of 'volume' as a
change of sound rather than a different effort so, even someone who might
have a technique that sucks (pardon my latin) can make a loud sound (or, as
loud as they are capable).

the longterm answer is that 'volume' is size and your 'piano' should
reach the cheap seats as well as your 'forte'. 'dynamics' are what you fill
that size with and you can think of it as a density, intensity, timbre
change, one two or, all or, none (shutup mike).

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5502 Re: Volume (Perception of?) Reg Boyle   Fri  10/13/2000   4 KB

emusic.com