Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Oct 12, 2000  6:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Latin pronunciation

Thank you Sheila,
I seen to recall Rome educated priests arguing the same
accent differences. I like the sound of the second part and it seems
to hold with the general Italian form. Whether or not a good
Presbyterian College wants us to include the motto is another
thing, so my son and I have written three versions.
Two with latin beginnings and one totally English. It's just that
as a spoken and visual sequence I'm obsessing on the form I
describe. The school hasn't responded to my enquiries and It's
a bit touchy as it's a competition.
There has been quite a difficulty in getting a clear translation
as well, so the best I can come up with approximates " I will do
anything for my school." Their original anthem was very dated and
to me surprisingly pro-British but one should never be surprised
at what one finds in dated Melbounian culture.: )
Thanks Sheila, Reg.

emusic.com