Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  6:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] My Reply to the Fudging Issue

In a message dated 10/10/00 10:20:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sopran@a...
writes:

<< Off the top of my head--Claire Watson, Seth McCoy, Elisabeth Grummer...
Emma Calve got off to a slow start, and Rasponi includes Giulietta Simionato
and Germana di Giulio as "late bloomers."

And from some of our parents' generation, the Danish tenor Axel Shoetz. I
think he was a banker until his thirties, and then World War II interrupted
aspects of his life, although Danish people told me a number of years ago
that he had made the Nazis very angry by singing nationalistic songs.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5387 Late Bloomers thomas mark montgomery   Tue  10/10/2000   2 KB

emusic.com