Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kyle Richardson" <kylejr@h...>
"Kyle Richardson" <kylejr@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  6:05 am
Subject:  Rep. Questions!

Hello Posters,

I could really use some of your expert opinions right about now!
So I've got a couple of questions for you.

1) I heard a trio perform a couple of months ago at a music festival that i
was in, and they performed a song from THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I BELIEVE the
piece was called EDELWEISS...but it wasn't the one out of the show, i.e.
meant for one singer. The song was written for a trio, written for S.S.A.
Could someone please please please let me know if you have heard of this
song, know of the name of the piece, know the arrangers, the publishers of
the music. Any little piece of information you can give me on it would be A
HUGE HELP.

2) I'm doing a duet for a music festival this year, with a young lady in my
area. So we are looking for a piece or two that we could perform. I am a
Bass-Baritone, and she is a Mezzo.
We are thinking of doing a musical theatre piece, something that isn't as
well known as some of the famous musical theatre duets etc.
Or we are looking into something more classical. So if you know of ANY
really nice pieces for these voice types that are duets, PLEASE let me know.

3) Basically same question as above, only for a trio or quartet. I'm looking
for something more to the classical side, with harmony. Any suggestions are
welcome..

THANKS VERY MUCH,

Kyle Richardson

Thanks very much for