Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 9, 2000  12:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fudging One's Age

Dear co-vocalisters,

--- Caio Rossi <caioross@z...> wrote (replying to
Sarah's mail)
you're either TOO naive or you haven't
developed any sense of moral to think it's normal to
share that with others.
In both cases, you need help!'

I think this is a bit (OK, 1 Gigabyte) exaggerated!

Furthermore: I once saw a curriculum from a singer
with a few lies in it and read later the reaction of
an agent who found out the truth: it made clear to me,
that you can make yourself look a bit better by
polishing your curriculum, but getting exposed as a
liar will make you look very ugly!

I think there is somewhere a border between presenting
the truth in a nice way, playing the pr game etc., and
deceiving people. Passing this border - if your morals
let you - is a dangerous thing. Where this border
lies, is also depending on the situation: a press
release, not even written by yourself, will have a
different relation to the truth than an application.

The first pre-war German chancellor, Konrad Adenauer,
had found a special way to cross this border all the
time. His tactique was, to give an interview first,
in which he would say something he wanted, but was not
allowed to say, than, once this was published, he
would deny it.

If you don't have Adenauer's creativity, it might be
better to stay on the safe side of the truth border.

Best greetings,

Dre