Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 9, 2000  4:12 am
Subject:  Ageism (was Fudging One's Age)

> On the matter of rules for competitions: Some of
this > sounds a lot like whining to me! Who says that
the > world has to bend its rules to accommodate
you--or > me, for that matter?

The only logical reason I can come up with that rules
regarding age limits exist (and I'm not just talking
about competitions, but young artist programs,
scholarships, grants, etc.) is because they were set
up to assist and encourage less experienced singers.
However, age is not a great way to determine level of
experience. I was not whining, merely stating my
opinion. I don't think the world should bend its rules
- I think the rules should be changed!

And for the record, I *am* pursuing a career without
regard to idiots who think that if a voice isn't ready
by the time it's 25 it never will be, and I have spent
many years "earning my way in the world" :o).

Jennifer, who is still stunned that 31 is considered
too old, and who, when she is rich and famous :o)
plans on supporting only non-ageist, non-sexist programs

5291 Re: Ageism (was Fudging One's Age) Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/9/2000   2 KB
5293 Re: Ageism (was Fudging One's Age) Jennifer   Mon  10/9/2000   2 KB
5335 Re: Ageism (was Fudging One's Age) michael.chesebro   Tue  10/10/2000   2 KB

emusic.com