Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 9, 2000  4:00 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fudging One's Age

In a message dated 10/08/2000 10:07:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
caioross@z... writes:
caioross@z... writes:

<< In both cases, you need help! >>

I think we are being awfully harsh to cast judgments on someone who may not
be seriously contemplating lying but may be frustrated over the age limits
imposed in opera (which in any other field would be blatantly illegal) and
wondering what would happen if ... She has been called a liar, naive, amoral,
in need of (implied) psychiatric help -- instead of passing judgment on her
personally, let's open dialogue about age limits and need-based awards rather
than age-delineated awards.

I've heard of people who can get singers fake IDs, and I must admit that I've
THOUGHT about doing it but I'm (a) too cheap to spend $ on something that may
or may not work (unfortunately, I've been like that in my investments as
well); (b) too scared I'd get caught; and (c) I wouldn't feel right about it.
Depending on the day and my mood, (a) or (b) might have taken precedence
over (c). Good people think about things that aren't right; it's a question
of acting on them or talking them out. I like to think that's what this
forum is for - talking things out.

emusic.com