Vocalist.org archive

From:  peggyh@i...
peggyh@i...
Date:  Sat Oct 7, 2000  2:19 pm
Subject:  Re: Tatiania

ODivaTina asked about whether mezzos sing Tatiana in Onegin.

My not totally expert answer is that everyone I've ever heard of
singing the role is a soprano - most recently at the Met it was
Catherine Malfitano. The Russian soprano Galina Vishnevskaya (for
whom the soprano solo in Britten's War Requirem was written) was
reportedly an acclained Tatiania in her time. I also remember the TV
Metropolitan Opera production, which had Mirella Freni in the role.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...
"Music for a While Shall All Your Cares Beg

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5261 Re: Tatiania Lloyd W. Hanson   Sat  10/7/2000   3 KB

emusic.com