Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  11:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto?

In a message dated 10/06/2000 5:18:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
mbunday@e... writes:
mbunday@e... writes:

<< The last time this tenor and I sang a duet at a wedding, they asked for
the Celine Dion/Andrea Bocelli song "The Prayer". We would prefer not to have
to do anything in that vein again :-), so any more traditional suggestions
will be welcomed. >>

Bach - "Seid wachsam, ihr heiligen Waechter"; don't recall the cantata, I
just have an illegal photocopy (for study purposes ONLY, of course!).

I didn't mind singing "The Prayer" a few weeks back. I thought it was
pleasant and vocally well-written. And people liked it. It's when something
feels bad to sing and I'm embarrassed by it both in terms of content AND
vocal line that I object - case in point - Celine Dion's "The Power of Love."
Ack.

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com