Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marje Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
"Marje Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
Date:  Sat Oct 7, 2000  1:10 am
Subject:  REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto?

Hi List,

I'll be singing at a Catholic wedding in December with a tenor friend, and
we've been asked to do a duet at some point during the mass, probably
offertory. We'd need something relatively short (around 3 minutes) and
sacred. I sing mezzo & contralto rep, so anything from A/T to SII/T would
probably work. The only duets I can think of from oratorios don't really
work for a wedding. Any ideas? If anyone can think of longer pieces,
please suggest those also, as we may be able to sing the duet at a different
point (i.e. communion). The last time this tenor and I sang a duet at a
wedding, they asked for the Celine Dion/Andrea Bocelli song "The Prayer".
We would prefer not to have to do anything in that vein again :-), so any
more traditional suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Marje Bunday
Washington, DC
mbunday@e...
mbunday@e...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5250 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Mezzoid@a...   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB
5253 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? thomas mark montgomery   Sat  10/7/2000   2 KB
5254 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? MFoxy9795@a...   Sat  10/7/2000   2 KB
5255 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? MFoxy9795@a...   Sat  10/7/2000   2 KB
5258 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Linda Fox   Sat  10/7/2000   2 KB
5259 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Linda Fox   Sat  10/7/2000   2 KB
5346 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Karen Mercedes   Tue  10/10/2000   2 KB
5357 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Mezzoid@a...   Tue  10/10/2000   2 KB
5358 Re: REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto? Mezzoid@a...   Tue  10/10/2000   2 KB

emusic.com