Vocalist.org archive

From:  egroups@c...
egroups@c...
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  4:22 pm
Subject:  URGENT: Evangelist for St. John needed for Sunday in California

Note: I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague in California, so try
to respond directly to his e-mail address...he won't see any

Here's his message:

The Sonora Bach Festival, in the foothills of California, 3 hours
East of San Francisco, is performing Bach's St. John Passion this
Sunday evening at 7:00. Our Evangelist for the performance is sick.
We are looking for a last minute replacement. We are performing it
in English. We have soloist rehearsal scheduled for tonight, October
6 at 7, dress rehearsal October 7 from 2-4:30, and the performance
Sunday evening. Of course, under the circumstances, we will settle
for a brief walk- thru an hour or so before the performance if we
have to. I need some names and numbers of tenors who know the work
(in English) who, preferably, but not necessarily, live in the
Central California region (or can get here quickly.) Thanks for your
help.

John Carter
carterj@y...
Sonora Bach Festival