Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  12:44 pm
Subject:  Gianni Schicchi duet

> Obviously, being in the UK, I won't have got to see the broadcast in
> question, so: what is the Lauretta/Rinuccio duet you're referring to?
> I've done Gianni Schicchi, and can't identify a duet section of any
> substantial length for these two characters - particularly an absurd
> one. Was it an adaptation?

There are several interjected duet sections in the scene in which Gianni
Schicchi begins to hatch his scheme, the lovers bemoaning their fate. It
is highly melodramatic...always reminds me of the silliness of soap
operas. It's been awhile since I've seen it myself, someone may remember
better than I (I seldome listen to Puccini, so I don't own it.)

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com