Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Oct 6, 2000  11:55 am
Subject:  Re:A Standard Vocalist Reference Site!

At 09:28 AM 05-10-00 -0400, you wrote:
>dear reg and caio,
>
> i hate to suggest that the conversation you guys had on this issue is a
>good argument for refering to internationally accepted 'scientific'
>terminology. it did make me wonder, however, just what muscles are moving
>when using different methods of support. but, that wondering will send me
>to an anatomy book rather than settling for a 'you know, that lump that moves
>in your tummy' type explaination.
>
> (what have you guys been smoking? do you have anymore?)
>
>your friend and co-conspirator,
>mike

Ok Mike I'll go along with that, but with a rather modern kink.
(Inhaling slowly)
First, you really are a gem, if I can call you that without
compromising
my heterosexuality. Would you please fill in the picture for us. Are you tall,
thin, dark, light, round, rugged, bearded, grubby, scrupulously clean,
or anything you consider may be of interest? Don't be shy! joke! I'm sure
I'm not the only one who'd like to know!!! : )

Now this may be due to the adrenalin rush in my case, and I can't
speak for comrade Caio: ) but here's the suggestion. Not a book, an http
site that has the standardised drawings and names, but simplified so that
people won't throw up their hands in frustration trying to understand them.
It can then become the "Standard Vocalist Reference" for any singer
who has difficulty comprehending list content and for international
interchange. We could even download the drawings and stick them on
the dunny wall. Well what do you think sport? Eh?
Lets see if we can find one that already exists and make it the
reference site for terminology and physiology?
But if we can't find one, we can make it!
Perhaps Marko, (when he returns) can include it on the site.
Can you or anyone improve on that?
Any suggestions? Reg. (Exhaling.)

emusic.com