Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  6:00 pm
Subject:  OFF: Guiping Deng

Mike, you mentioned that you went to school with Guiping Deng. I happen to
be in the ensemble of the Boston Lyric Opera production of Madama
Butterfly, in which Miss Deng is singing the title role, and I must agree,
she is glorious! Last night was opening night, and the audience loved her
too! (The rest of the cast is also quite wonderful: Rafael Rojas as
Pinkerton, Jim Maddalena as Sharpless, and Mika Shigematsu as Suzuki.)

Guiping sings with incredible beauty and simplicity of tone, and with a lot
of heart. And she is totally charming on and off stage.

NGL

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5196 Re: OFF: Guiping Deng RALUCOB@a...   Fri  10/6/2000   2 KB

emusic.com