Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  3:40 pm
Subject:  [vocalist-temporary] Tonight on PBS

But couldn't her offering of O Mio Babbino Caro be considered
just a little "corny" (to build on to Caio's request for definitions)?
Or am I mistaking schmaltz for corn? Or am I completely mistaken
on this one? Now, her rendition of Marguerite's Jewel Song from
Faust was by far more to my liking.

You know, I love Don Giovanni more than the next person, but,
there must be another soprano/baritone duet out there that is
just as easy on the voice & still a musical plum to insert in a program
such as this. Right now, I'd even settle for Bei Maennern(?) from Die
Zuaberflote.

E.V.
who enjoyed the theater format of the second part of the
program...especially
the mixture of English dialogue to the Russian.

ps: I hope Hvorostovsky's singing last night put an end to this
talk of his lack of "squillo" or "ping" or "ring".