Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  2:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: We're losing our rights and no one cares!

Dean,

I agree with you that this is indeed a serious issue. There are many, many
instances in which our basic rights are being eroded--this is just one, but
one that definitely impacts us as singers and musicians.

The primary "hope" that I see for defeating this issue is that it would seem
to be unenforceable--except perhaps at large gatherings where recorded music
is played.

I for one will pass the information along to others. Thanks for alerting us!

Judy

PS--I interpreted Billy's response as mocking the DMCA ammendment to limit
sound

recordings played in public places, not you.

emusic.com