Vocalist.org archive

From:  BillyANM@a...
BillyANM@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  6:49 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] We're losing our rights to sing & listen to music

In a message dated 10/4/00 11:47:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
deanmacy@m... writes:
deanmacy@m... writes:

<< Right now there is a law before congress which will restrict our rights to
sing openly and to prevent our listening to opera and other forms of music
at our work place during lunch and on breaks because someone else may hear
it and that someone else has not paid for the right to listen to it. This
currently applies to music and singing over the internet, but, if passed,
will set a precedent and eventually limit our musical freedoms we now enjoy.

That's ridiculous!! What do they think of the radio?????? I think someone
has been following the Napster issue too closely! LOL

~B

emusic.com