Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  2:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Tonight on PBS

thomas mark montgomery wrote:

> Renee Fleming and Dmitri Hvorostovsky appear with the St. Luke's Chamber
> Orchestra on the opening night of PBS' Live from Lincoln Center. The
> program includes arias and duets of Mozart, Thomas, Puccini, Gounod,
> Lehar, concluding with selections from Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin.
> Check your local listings ;)

OK, did anyone here see this tonight and not cry at Fleming's and
Hvorostovsky's (and
actress Frances Sternhagen's) scenes from Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin? I loved
the Albert
Innaurato adapatation, and I loved the singers performing with the orchestra
right behind
them. When they stopped singing, and Tchaikovsky's music continued portraying
the
charaters' stormy emotions, as only Tchaikovsky can, and seeing the orchestra
playing the
music, just got me right in the gut! Now THAT's Opera.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5141 Re: Tonight on PBS Mezzoid@a...   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5156 Tonight on PBS Ernie Valenzuela   Thu  10/5/2000   3 KB
5182 Re: Tonight on PBS thomas mark montgomery   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5162 Re: Tonight on PBS dorisopran@a...   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5164 Re: Tonight on PBS ODivaTina@a...   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5168 Re: Tonight on PBS ODivaTina@a...   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5172 Re: Tonight on PBS Lisa M Olson   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5174 Re: Tonight on PBS ODivaTina@a...   Thu  10/5/2000   2 KB
5187 Re: Tonight on PBS Margaret Harrison   Fri  10/6/2000   3 KB

emusic.com