Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Wed Oct 4, 2000  3:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] malmsteen vs clapton (now, radiohead)

Marko wrote:

> 2. Some high voiced gruff sounding guy wails a verse containing extremely
> cliched lyrics and slight swedish accent,

I don't know about 'Something' Solo, but Michael Vescera is American ( and
now on a Brazilian band )

containing banal embarrasing
> lyrics such as 'standing in the fire, or, in the eye of the storm etc."

Yes, I hate that too!

> Does any non-guitarist like yngwie??

Ops... I do... Ok, not a lover, but I like that. but he ( or anyone )
doesn't have to please all audiences.

and about Radiohead:
>This album is
> so new and 'uncliched' yet somehow connects and seems like a logical
> progress of 90's british music.

I was really into buying their cd until you mentioned 90's British music...
We're talking taste again! :-)

> yngwie just repeats his old ideas- how can this be superior????
musically,
> technically or in terms of taste?
> i think it's inferior in every way.

I think that's prescriptivism ( I hope that word exists. ) regarding taste,
which is going too much beyond feasibility... and good taste :-)

bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com