Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  3:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] sls and opera, was breath supp. etc

> third healthiest group. Actually, I think gospel singers (and I don't
> remember any correlation with race) were the least healthy, followed by rock

Just for the record, I used the term "black gospel" to differentiate from
"contemporary Christian" and "southern gospel", three very different
vocal stylings. Having been accused on this list recently of being
"elitist", I certainly wouldn't want to add the _most definable_
"racist" to my vocalist pedigree. Thanks for the deatils on this study,
Lee. I couldn't remember where I had read that (and evidently didn't
remember all the details, either!)

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com