Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Oct 3, 2000  2:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] abs - where ya gottem?

Reg wrote:

> Perhaps you have a problem with the word ' colloquial '? It means, ' not
used
> in formal or elevated language.' In folksy terms: something I see you
> championing on another thread: "abs " is not perceived to be the whole of
the
> ribs to pubic bone, even though in my note to Linda you'll see I mentioned
> this to be the case. I repeat...

You should repeat this part: "If not , at least you'll know from the label
on the machine
that the abs is NOT below the belly-button. Nor is it on it!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that together we've just cleared
away one of the greatest hurdles to vocal comprehension
on this list. "

That's completely self-contradictory. You either use popular assumption or
technical information, but you tried to back up popular assumption with
WRONG technical information!
BTW, it may be a popular assumption in Australia but it's not a popular
assumption in Brazil that the abs go to the navel only. Also, all
'bench'-abs machines I've seen in Brazil ( all imported from the US ) have
the correct drawing.

bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5104 Re: abs - where ya gottem? Reg Boyle   Wed  10/4/2000   2 KB

emusic.com