Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  11:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] sls and opera, was breath supp. etc

> Dawn Upshaw and Sylvia McNair would be very good
> examples of singers who
> mirror SLS production in opera

Eek, I hate them both! Give me Tebaldi or Zajick with
their "distorted" sound any day. I just saw Olga
Borodina in Tsar's Bride last week, and she was
fabulous. I could listen to Freni or Mariella Devia
for days. Upshaw and McNair, no.

SLS and I will have to agree to disagree on this
matter. I much prefer a richer, more penetrating,
more viscerally operatic sound to the crossover sound
SLS advocates.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...

5032 Re: sls and opera, was breath supp. etc thomas mark montgomery   Tue  10/3/2000   2 KB

emusic.com