Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  9:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: BREATH SUPPORT - Linda

I remember reading an article of John Large's many years ago in the Journal of Research in Singing where he addressed the idea that singing requires both muscle (vocalis, cricothyroid, etc) and breath (ala Bernoulli).  I like to think that a balanced approach is necessary.  Seems like introducing moth these concepts at the beginning might be appropriate to avoid the "breathy" and "constipated" sounds.  Just a thought...

David Grogan
ETBU Music
Marshall, Texas