Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ron Zinkel" <baritone21@h...>
"Ron Zinkel" <baritone21@h...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  8:16 pm
Subject:  church etc.

Hello Listers,
My name is Ron Zinkel, and I live in San Jose Ca.
Many years of listening to opera and studying voice, and an observer
on this list since its beginning.
Three points today:
Point #1 : It is sad that the "church joke" (apologies to RMO) and
the Bocelli flap (is he is or is he ain't a/an opera singer), have
taken up time on this vocal-list. Searching the archives on other
forums will show that all the bases have been covered.
Point # 2: Ditto for Wagner/nazi/anti-semite etc. ad nauseam
point # 3: What do malmsteen/clapton/have to do with vocalist
temporary? That's VOCAL-list!
Maybe the list needs a daily limit of 2 posts to curtail verbal
excess.
If i ever figure out how to do it, I'm going to filter church/Church,
Bocelli/bocelli, Nazi/nazi, malmsteen/mal.., guitar AND countertenor.
I love this list, deplore some topics, and have the greatest regard
for Isabelle for her initiative in developing it. Eliminate
"temporary".
Vocal best wishes.
Ron

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5016 church etc. Ernie Valenzuela   Mon  10/2/2000   3 KB
5017 Re: church etc. Tako Oda   Mon  10/2/2000   2 KB

emusic.com