Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
"Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  5:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Milk - Time to look at the facts

Reg-

That is interesting. As I said earlier, I was fed on formula (not sure of the
rapidity of my growth in the first year). I developed Type I Diabetes when I
was 8 years old (23 years ago). I would never let my mother read that article
though. She has enough guilt about it as it is (and there is nothing to be
done about it now except take as good care of myself as I can). On a more
personal note, Reg, I'm sure you have lots of resources, but pleas let me know
if you have any questions about raising a child with Diabetes, 'taint easy I
know.

Lisa-Marie (on an insulin pump for 2 years now - best decision I've ever made!)
---

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:24:50
Reg Boyle wrote:
>Elizabeth, my daughter of 13 developed diabetes type 1 2+
>years ago. Apparently the current thinking is that the anti-
>bodies of a casual virus mis-identify the Pancreas cells and
>begin their destruction.
> The current healthcentral.com newsletter has some
>interesting detail. It repeats an observation that babies who
>grow abnormally quickly in their first year are potentially
>at risk. Jessica was mostly fed formula.
>Regards Reg.
>
><http:www.healthcentral.com/news/newsfulltext.cfm?ID=39964&src=n71>

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5041 Re: OFF: Milk - Time to look at the facts Reg Boyle   Tue  10/3/2000   3 KB

emusic.com