Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Mon Oct 2, 2000  12:56 am
Subject:  Re: Church (to Caio)

Hi Caio!!

> > Hi, Roccio. Missed you!

Missed you too, although I have to say, you have the funniest jokes ever (referring to the fact that I am on his send-jokes-to-friends-list and loving it). And by the way, it's Rocio with one c  :o)

> > Shaking the jaw is aesthetically nicer than shaking
the head, as a famous popular singer in Brazil does ( Zezé de Camargo ) :-)
Imagine her singing as sweetly as she does and then shaking her head back
and forth for the vibrato. That would be funny!

Oh yes it would!!

> singing in a half smile and lifting her eyebrows for higher notes (for
example) are attempts to compensate. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

> > A teacher I had for one day ( fortunately ) at the institute I have classes
said we should open up our eyes and nostrils for higher notes in order to
open up resonating space. She gave Sarah Brightman as a reference.

Yes, Sarah Brightman gets a funny expression everytime she lifts the eyebrows just for a high note... I just think it isn't necessary at all to do so.

> Best regards and welcome back,

Thanks, it's good to be back!!

Rocio Guitard
Seth Riggs Associate