Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sun Oct 1, 2000  7:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fw: Malmsteen vs Clapton

In a message dated 09/30/2000 3:19:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mirkoruckels@o... writes:

<< Yngwie's songs are cliched, unimaginative
and embarassing heavy metal songs. Kind of like Xena with guitars. >>

Hear hear. If you really want the good stuff, I suggest going back to the
likes of Robert Johnson or Blind Willie Johnson, (Delta and Texas country
blues), from which Clapton and Richards and Hendrix got their inspiration,
and hence the generation of players after them. And for all of us singers on
the List, Blind Willie Johnson's vocalism is truly astonishing...from
profound beauty to dark angst. More vocal colors than almost anyone I've ever
heard.
TinaO

emusic.com