Vocalist.org archive

From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
"PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Sun Oct 1, 2000  2:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] malmsteen vs clapton

I had the privilege of seeing Queen in concert from the "photographer's seats" many years ago during the height of their popularity, and can still vividly recall the truth, and sheer magic, of this description from their acoustic set.  Just Brian and Freddie sitting on a sort-of wall above us on the stage...perhaps the most engaging performance I have ever witnessed.  The simplicity of this arrangement was dangerously deceptive and the amplification of course allowed no margin for error yet they were both amazing in  solidity of technique and style.  Precise, clean, clear - they left no doubt they were very fine musicians and not simply a "recording studio" creation.  (Which has always been a disappointment to me, regardless the genre.)

Hugs,
PJ.

Astrology & New Age
Garnered Images Astrology

[ Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me, there, oh there, wher'ere I go, I leave my heart behind me. (Thomas Ford, 1607) [