Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Sun Oct 1, 2000  2:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ian's Vocal Fortuity

Reg Boyle wrote:

> First I hope we agree that the abs
> of which we speak, is belly-button to ribs

Ah. This may be where some of the confusion lies. I keep my abdomen
below my belly-button. What do you call that part of you?

(Careful now, Reg, family show and all that...)

And that was the part I assumed Ian was talking about. I know it's an
exhaling muscle group if unhindered, but I would assume if you're being
taught to pull that part of you up, it's as part of a counterbalancing
exercise with the inhaling group, which includes the bit you are calling
the abs. - in which case it shouldn't end up forcing out air.

Slinking off to peer closely in the mirror,

Linda

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4969 Re: Ian's Vocal Fortuity Reg Boyle   Mon  10/2/2000   4 KB

emusic.com