Vocalist.org archive

From:  stjames@l...
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  9:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant

At 09:09 AM 9/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Elizabeth wrote:
>
> > Me, I can sit through Verdi. Four hours of Wagner, that's a
> > different story.
> >
> > Elizabeth "*%$# Nazi music!" Finkler
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
> > mightymezzo@h...

James here.....

This comment concerns me. I would hope classical musicians paid more
attention to music history !
Hitler is reported to have liked Wagner. This is where the assoc. of Hitler
and Wagner started. So if Hitler liked dogs should we all hate dogs ? Not
very logical. Someone also pointed out that Wagner was 19 th century and
Hitler was 20 th century, these two men did not know each other.

James

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4871 Re: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant Karen   Sat  9/30/2000   3 KB
4887 Re: 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant thomas mark montgomery   Sun  10/1/2000   3 KB

emusic.com