Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 30, 2000  9:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 'opera singer' was junior, church

In a message dated 09/30/2000 2:44:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
toda@m... writes:

<<IMO, microphone singing is a much more flexible medium than unamplified. I
hear much more subtle performances from the great folk/pop singers, like
Joni Mitchell. It doesn't mean opera singers aren't musical, they are just
limited in how they may use their voices...

I'm listening to her "Court and Spark" CD as I write this! She's another one
of my favorites!

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com